Biosciences research has a huge impact on helping people live longer and healthier lives. With the World Economic Forum identifying healthcare as one of the top 10 Global Challenges for 2030, there is a growing demand for specialists in this field.
This Molecular Biosciences (Medical Biosciences) course at University of Bath provides you with a broad understanding of the molecular basis of biological systems, with a focus on how medical biosciences can address some of the world's biggest challenges in human health and disease.
- Study at a Top 10 University, on a course designed in consultation with clinical and industrial partners to give you the skills employers are looking for.
- Develop extensive knowledge in your specialist area of medical biosciences, as well as a broad understanding of molecular biosciences.
- Gain extensive research experience by carrying out two separate research projects.
- Work in dedicated postgraduate labs to give you the laboratory exposure and specialist skills required by industry.
- Work with leading researchers from both the Department of Biology & Biochemistry and our new Milner Centre for Evolution.
- Further strengthen your employability with a project addressing the challenges of global environment sustainability, applying skills related to either entrepreneurship, teaching, media and communication, or public engagement.
- Get support from your dedicated Personal Tutor who you can go to for academic and non-academic support.
Specialise in medical biosciences
By combining remarkable technological advances, with a deeper understanding of the human body, medical bioscience is enabling us to develop treatments that can save and improve people's lives. From creating artificial muscles to developing novel cancer treatments, the field is advancing rapidly. There are exciting developments in a multitude of areas including stem cell therapies, immunotherapies, neuroscience and developmental genetics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advances in molecular medicine
- Broadening horizons
- Research project
- Cancer genetics and therapy
- Molecular neuroscience and neurodegeneration
- Developmental genetics and disorders
- Immunology and immunotherapy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Genetics View 199 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You should have a first or strong second-class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent.
- To apply for this course, you should have an undergraduate degree in any biosciences, medical, biomedical-based subject, such as biosciences, medical, veterinary, biotechnology, life sciences, pharmacy or phamacology, technology or related disciplines.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If you first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.