Biosciences research has a huge impact on helping people live longer and healthier lives. With the World Economic Forum identifying healthcare as one of the top 10 Global Challenges for 2030, there is a growing demand for specialists in this field.
This Molecular Biosciences (Biotechnology) course at University of Bath provides you with a broad understanding of the molecular basis of biological systems, with a focus on how biotechnology can improve human health and disease, food biosecurity and sustainable biotechnologies.
- Study at a Top 10 University, on a course designed in consultation with clinical and industrial partners to give you the skills employers are looking for.
- Develop extensive knowledge in your specialist area of biotechnology, as well as a broad understanding of molecular biosciences.
- Gain extensive research experience by carrying out two separate research projects.
- Work in dedicated postgraduate labs to give you the laboratory exposure and specialist skills required by industry.
- Work with leading researchers from both the Department of Biology & Biochemistry and our new Milner Centre for Evolution.
- Further strengthen your employability with a project addressing the challenges of global environment sustainability, applying skills related to either entrepreneurship, teaching, media and communication, or public engagement.
- Get support from your dedicated Personal Tutor who you can go to for academic and non-academic support.
Specialise in biotechnology
A rapidly advancing area, biotechnology harnesses the core principles of bioengineering to generate controlled processes or products related to the biopharmaceutical, industrial, healthcare, food or agro-industries. It covers a broad range of subjects from biochemistry, genetic and metabolic engineering, molecular cell biology, structural biology, systems and synthetic biology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advances in molecular biotechnology
- Broadening horizons
- Research project
- Medical biotechnology
- Plant biotechnology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBiotechnology Molecular Sciences Biochemistry View 126 other Masters in Biotechnology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bath and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
You should have a first or strong second-class bachelor’s honours degree or international equivalent.
- To apply for this course, you should have an undergraduate degree in any biosciences, medical, biomedical-based subject, such as biosciences, medical, veterinary, biotechnology, life sciences, pharmacy, phamacology or technology.
- We may make an offer based on a lower grade if you can provide evidence of your suitability for the degree.
- If you first language is not English but within the last 2 years you completed your degree in the UK you may be exempt from our English language requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26700 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bath
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.