You will get the knowledge and skills necessary for Healthy Ageing and Rehabilitation practice at the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences, research and policy development from a global and interprofessional perspective. Upon completion you will be a competent scholar capable of leadership and interprofessional practice in the field.
You will learn about:
- Globally relevant theories, practices and research in the field of healthy ageing and rehabilitation
- Critical approaches to challenges of healthy ageing and rehabilitation locally, nationally and globally with reference to socio-cultural, economic and political contexts
- How to collaborate in interprofessional and intersectoral teams and with various stakeholders in the field of healthy ageing and rehabilitation
- How to use innovation, technology, and leadership in rehabilitation for shaping services and policies to address capabilities and well-being in everyday life for ageing populations globally
- How to conduct research and use of evidence in policy and service development
- How to direct focus to health promoting and reabling measures, ranging from older adults’ functioning and their living conditions, to the environmental contexts
Job opportunitiesThis programme prepares you for positions in:
- International, governmental and non-governmental organisations with relevance for ageing and rehabilitation
- Management, policy, advocacy and practice work with older adults
- Leadership positions within education, rehabilitation or health and social sector
- Healthy Ageing: Theoretical Foundation
- Rehabilitation: Theoretical Foundation
- Leadership in Rehabilitation,
- Philosophy of Science,
- Active and Assisted Living
- Independent Study
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant bachelor degrees, equivalent to 180 ECTS in health and social professionals such as physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, orthotic and prosthetics engineers, social workers, social educators and speech therapists from a recognised institution.
- The grade point average of students' bachelor's degree must be C or better.
- When applying for admission, students should provide evidence of their academic achievements and proficiency in English
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
No tuition fees for courses, but you will have to pay a minor study fee of about NOK 750,- per semester,
Living costs for Bergen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.