- After the Urban Teaching Apprenticeship program of University of Pennsylvania students leave our program inspired to use the power of teaching to deepen student learning, transform schools, and increase educational equity.
- The Urban Teaching Apprenticeship Program at Penn GSE seeks to use technology to help teachers improve their teaching practice, conduct research on their practice, and improve communications with students, families, and teaching communities of practice. Apprentices learn how to develop a webpage, use blogs to critically communicate their experiences in schools, and publish original teacher research to their webpage. In addition to participating in an eight-session module on integrating technology into their lessons and classroom, apprentices engage in the use of video to intensively study their own practice as a way to extend reflective self-inquiry and learning.
- School, Society & Self
- Soial Studies Methods
- Teaching Practices
- Cultivating Creativity in the Classroom: Maker Spaces
- Math Methods
- Literacy Methods
- 10 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 4053 other Masters in Education in United States
- Statement of Purpose & Résumé
- Letters of Recommendation
- Official Test Scores
- Application fee
- Online application
International41718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20859 USD per semester during 10 months.
National41718 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20859 USD per semester during 10 months.
- Summer: 9705 USD
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.