- The Materials Science and Engineering program of University of Pennsylvania allows you to tailor your education to your own professional and career goals, from ceramics, polymers, and metals to non-structured and soft materials. Our graduates can be found in positions in industries that range from electronics, manufacturing, and communications to transportation and energy, or pursuing doctoral degrees at Penn and other top-ranked research universities.
- Penn is one of the first universities to establish a center for materials research. By remaining at the forefront of technology innovations, this center, the Laboratory for Research on the Structure of Matter (LRSM), has grown to be one of the largest in the nation. We are opening up new fields in materials science, preparing tomorrow’s leaders, and putting our knowledge to practical use in today’s high-tech society.
- Experimental Methods in Materials Science
- Mechanical Properties of Macro/Nanoscale Materials
- Fundamentals of Materials
- Mathematics for Materials Science
- Structure of Materials
- Nanoscale Science and Engineering
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 371 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pennsylvania and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Biographical information (part of the online application)
- Personal Statement
- Two  official Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcript – submitted with application
- $80 non-refundable application fee
- GRE scores
- English language proficiency tests
International7884 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7884 USD per module during 12 months.
National7884 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7884 USD per module during 12 months.
- Tuition per 1 course
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.