The counseling faculty is committed to training multiculturally-competent school counselors and clinical mental health counselors to serve clients and students in urban environments. Also, counseling faculty members, as a group, are highly ranked nationally on objective measures of productivity, typically within the top 10 programs in the nation, and recently within the top 5 programs. Program faculty members take pride in providing a recognized and valuable education. All of our students in both areas are eligible for licensing as a professional counselor.
The School Counseling specialty area prepares students to work as school counselors. The program is approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Students are trained to apply principles of learning, human development, counseling, research, and measurement within the schools. Preparation is designed to enable students to deliver counseling services to schools and their extended communities.
The Secondary School Counseling program from University of Missouri–St. Louis typically accepts a maximum of 50 students per academic year (Fall and Summer) into the School Counseling program. Our students outperform most students nationally on the NCE (National Counselor Examination) and the CPCE (Counselor Preparation Comprehensive Examination). Moreover, our graduates are highly respected by regional school districts and are sought out to fill open positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethical and Professional Issues in Counseling
- Helping-Relationship Skills
- School Counseling Practicum
- School Counseling Field Experience
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling Practicum
- Clinical Mental Health Counseling Field Experience
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Counselling Teaching View 867 other Masters in Counselling in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Application form - Refer to the international student application and $40 application fee.
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official transcripts - Students in their final year of a bachelor's program should submit transcripts for all semesters completed thus far. Students who have already completed a degree must submit final transcripts and degree certificates.
- Most graduate programs also require additional materials, including letters of recommendation, writing samples, and/or GRE and GMAT scores. Please review the degree profile for your program to view a complete list of requirements. Note that letters of recommendation must be sent directly from the author - do not send photocopies or scans of recommendations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22289 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22289 USD per year during 18 months.
- Local: $511.80 per credit hour
- National: $1,256.40 per credit hour
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.