School districts frequently award salary increases to teachers who hold master’s degrees, and master’s degrees are usually required for part-time teaching at the community college or university level.During the Secondary Mathematics Education program at California State University Northridge, students:
- Experience and implement innovative mathematics-teaching practices, especially drawing on reform methodology and curricula.
- Acquire greater fluency with educational technologies, including Internet resources, website development and graphing technologies.
- Investigate current research in mathematics teaching and learning and how it translates into practice.
- Conduct applied classroom-based research.
- Deepen their knowledge and understanding of broad issues, policies and controversies that impact schools in general and mathematics teaching in particular.
- Develop as leaders in mathematics education through presentations and participation in professional organizations and support networks.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Teaching Contemporary Mathematics
- Research in Secondary Education
- Educational Issues and Implications for Multiethnic Mathematics Classrooms
- Technology in Teaching and Learning Mathematics
- Theory and Research in Teaching Secondary School Mathematics
- Leadership in Mathematics Education
- Advanced Research in Mathematics Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Educational Research View 3972 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete the “International Online Application”
- A $55.00 (US currency) non-refundable application fee
- All secondary-school records
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are also required to have the U.S.institution(s) send official transcript(s) directly to CSUN
- Submit a copy of your passport information page with your documents
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Teaching credential
- Two letters of reference.
- A statement of plans and objectives for graduate study.
- Submission of a completed application to CSUN via Cal State Apply.
International14016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14016 USD per year during 12 months.
National14016 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14016 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8472 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8472 USD per year during 12 months.
Yearly tuition fee for seven or more units per semester.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.