Students in the Public Archeology program at California State University Northridge are required to take seminars in anthropological theory, archaeology and the management of archaeological resources; archaeological laboratory methods; and elective courses with an archaeological focus. Public Archaeology students complete a practicum in the management of archaeological resources and write a thesis.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Analyze human experiences and the causes and consequences of cultural diversity across space and time from an anthropological perspective.
- Analyze the evolutionary process particularly as it relates to primate and specifically hominin evolution.
- Analyze biological and behavioral variation among human and nonhuman primates in context.
- Discuss and analyze the foundational concept of culture and core theories in anthropology and their applications to the field.
- Independently conceptualize, collect, describe, analyze, interpret and communicate anthropological evidence according to generally accepted professional practice and ethics.
- Examine how anthropology can be used to engage in contemporary issues and can be applied toward addressing social problems.
- Anthropological Theory and Method
- Problems in Archaeology
- Seminar in Management of Archaeological Resources
- Anthropological Research Design
- Advanced Quantitative Methods in Anthropology
- California Archaeology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArchaeology Anthropology Public Administration View 206 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University Northridge and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Either (a) B.A. in Anthropology with coursework that includes introductory courses in archaeology, biological anthropology and sociocultural anthropology; archaeological theory; and archaeological fieldwork
- Students with a cumulative GPA lower than 3.0 must score at or above the 50th percentile on two of the three portions of the aptitude test of the GRE. Or completion of the CSUN Certificate in Foundations of Archaeological Knowledge with a GPA of 3.3 or higher
- Two-page written statement by applicant indicating research and career objectives
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Demonstration of research and writing skills. Applicants must submit to the graduate committee a sample research paper, written in English, and preferably one that was completed as part of the baccalaureate degree requirements, such as a senior thesis or other research paper done in an upper division undergraduate course
International14042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14042 USD per year during 12 months.
National14042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14042 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8498 USD per year during 12 months.
Yearly tuition fee for seven or more units per semester.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.