Within the complex and evolving global culinary industry, there is an increasing need for businesses to develop solutions that will respond to consumer trends and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. With an emphasis on innovation within the field of culinary arts and management, this MSc in Culinary Innovation Management delivered by Birkbeck, University of London aims to prepare students to shape the future of the industry with a creative, sustainable and entrepreneurial approach.
Culinary innovation, customer experience management, management and operational structure are examined within a global context, with an emphasis on positive sustainable change and development within the business of food.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue a range of careers in the culinary industry, including:
- product development
- operations management
- contract, travel and public sector catering
- management positions in hospitality organisations
- education and food writing
- business development
- start-up and corporate entrepreneurship.
We offer a comprehensive Careers and Employability Service to help you advance your career, while our in-house, professional recruitment consultancy, Birkbeck Talent, works with London’s top employers to help you gain work experience that fits in with your evening studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Culinary Design and Development
- Customer Experience Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Food Service Operations Management
- Sustainability in the Food and Beverage Industry
- The Food and Beverage Business Environment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInnovation Management Culinary Arts View 6 other Masters in Culinary Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18780 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18780 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12180 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12180 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.