The courses of the Special Education, Gifted MA program offered at University of South Florida are offered through an on-line format, though some courses may be taken on campus. Emphasis is placed on developing specific skills in identification of gifted students; focusing on the characteristics and needs of special populations; assessing students’ cognitive and affective strengths; modifying educational programs to develop gifted students’ potential; and consulting with gifted students, their families, and teachers. This Major qualifies students for the State of Florida Endorsement in Gifted Education.
USF College of Education
At a time when the skills and pedagogy of classroom teachers and school administrators is more important than ever, the USF College of Education offers state-of-the-art teacher training and collaborative and collegial graduate studies designed to empower educational leaders. Working closely with our partners in the school districts across the Tampa Bay region, we seek to work with our community to extend proven educational initiatives and discover new ways of preparing life-long learners.
Whether you are looking to obtain your first teaching certification or you are returning to complete graduate coursework as part of your professional development, we have the resources and support you need to be successful in reaching your goals.
- Educational Research
- Teacher Research for Student Learning
- Nature and Needs of the Gifted
- Theory and Development of Creativity
- Advanced Educational Strategies for the Gifted
- Consultation, Counseling, and Guidance Skills for Gifted Students
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Research View 131 other Masters in Educational Research in United States
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale as an upper division student in a baccalaureate degree or GRE scores
- Two letters of recommendation from administrators familiar with applicant’s professional teaching experience and expertise that verify applicant’s K-12 employment status
- A written statement of intent to pursue degree in gifted education, including applicant’s professional goals
- Copy of professional teaching certificate (not a temporary certificate)
- Evidence that applicant currently holds a teaching position in a K-12 setting
- English language proficiency
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.