The Urban and Community Design MUCD program offered at University of South Florida focuses on the myriad physical, functional, visual, social and sustainable circumstances in contemporary urban contexts and stresses the amassing of knowledge, and the acquisition of design, research, analytical and other practical skills.
What you will learn
The instructional scope of the MUCD major is both broad and diverse. The major builds on previous studies in architecture or landscape architecture as the foundation for involving students in crafting design interventions across the varied spectrum of scales of urbanism – from the urban street and block, up to the metropolitan region. Support courses in the program’s curriculum infuse an understanding of the fundamentals of urban and community design, the historical and theoretical foundations of the discipline, the methods of research and analysis used in urban and community design, the major determinants of urban form, the evolution of urban contexts, and the different modes of contemporary urban design practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Community Design Studio
- Advanced Design
- Special Topics in Urban and Community Design
- Community and Urban Design
- The Neighborhood
- Special Studies in Architecture
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Urban Planning View 247 other Masters in Urban Planning in United States
- Professional undergraduate or graduate design degree (i.e. B.Arch., M.Arch., B.L.A., M.L.A.).
- Portfolio of design and creative work (While work completed in a professional capacity is welcomed, academic work is preferred as the primary portfolio content).
- GRE scores. The GRE will only be waived for applicants who have already earned a Master’s degree.
- Letter of intent
- Three letters of recommendation (At least one letter must be from a former instructor or faculty member).
- English language proficiency
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 18 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 18 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.