The Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling MA program offered at University of South Florida trains counselors to work with physically, mentally, emotionally, and chemically disabled individuals. Training emphasizes psychological, social, medical, and vocational aspects of disability, and also the development and refinement of personal adjustment counseling skills. Graduates with this M.A. are prepared for careers as both rehabilitation specialists and mental health counselors.
The mission of Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling Program is to promote quality behavioral health care for all, particularly people with disabilities, and to help the state and nation meet their human service and workforce needs in the area of rehabilitation and mental health counseling through teaching, research and service. The program prepares students with a solid grounding to become Certified Rehabilitation Counselors (CRC) and Licensed Mental Health Counselors (LMHC).
- Mental Health Counseling
- Human Growth and Development
- Legal, Ethical, Professional Standards and Issues in Counseling
- Rehabilitation Counseling: Concepts and Applications
- Medical Aspects of Disability
- Substance Abuse Counseling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 688 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of South Florida and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor’s degree from an approved regionally accredited institution (or international equivalent)
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Online department application (which includes a personal statement of intent)
- GRE scores
- Interview (on campus)
- Undergraduate statistics or research methods course
- English language proficiency
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 24 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.