The MSc Regenerative Biology and Medicine from TU Dresden combines theory with extensive practical experience in the research laboratory with a focus on the scientific fundamentals of stem cell biology and regeneration model organisms as well as recent methods of genomic analysis of stem cells and model organisms, tissue engineering, current and potential applications in clinical diseases.
- The course will qualify students for life sciences work and approaches. The students will acquire elementary knowledge of molecular cell biology and developmental biology with specific theoretical and practical application to in vitro and in vivo stem cell work, which is relevant to regeneration and to human application.
- Students will be qualified to apply concepts and techniques in stem cell biology and animal models to new research projects in regenerative biology and medicine.
- Students will have access to a wide range of R&D work fields, particularly in the areas of cell biology, developmental biology, stem cell biology and medicine, and have the opportunity to perform research in leading international research laboratories.
- Most graduates choose to work towards a PhD in the field. Most work in research or industry.
The Master's in Regenerative Biology and Medicine is successfully accredited via the TU Dresden system accreditation until March 31, 2024.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the first semester, the basics of stem cell biology are laid. Students learn the fundamental definitions and concepts of key stem cell systems, the theoretical and practical aspects of somatic stem cell biology, and the principles and molecular mechanisms underlying vertebrate development, organogenesis, and regeneration. In addition, there will be a two-week block practical course in the field of light and electron microscopy.
- The 2nd and 3rd semester includes the field of organ systems. The students learn the structure and function of the affected organ systems including their development, morphology and physiology.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Genetics View 27 other Masters in Biomedicine in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a university degree in Biology or Medicine or a similar degree
- good knowledge of English (IELTS: Level 6.5 o. TOEFL 92 (internet-based test))
- solid basic knowledge of Biology and Medicine, and ideally first practical experience in working in a laboratory
- the assessment can be made by an aptitude interview
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EUR 276.10 semester fee
Living costs for Dresden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.