The Atmosphere, Water and Environment programme of Centrale Nantes is designed to provide the scientific theoretical knowledge and tools necessary to understand and address the environmental physical problems resulting from the ever increasing urban population. Various key disciplines such as urban hydrology, urban atmosphere, building heat transfer and pollution of air water and soils are taught through advanced lectures and research work in laboratories renowned in these fields.
- Understand the physics and dynamics of fluids in urban environments
- Master analytical and modelling tools for hydrology and atmospheric sciences in urban environments
- Learn techniques in water management; soil, water and air treatment, and mitigation of the urban heat island
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Express assumptions to analyse and solve a problem
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Manage or be part of a project
Prospects for employment or further study:
- Sectors: urban planning and design; urban environment; energy, soil and water management
- Fields: urban planning, environmental fluid mechanics, hydrology, microclimatology, air quality
- Positions: engineer in consulting office or groups specialized in environmental engineering; engineer in urban design and planning office or local authorities; research and academia (post PhD)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fluid mechanics
- Programming and algorithms
- Energetics and building heat transfers
- Introduction to Geographic Information Sciences
- Introduction to research
- Business Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications for 2020 open in December
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Hydrology & Water Management General Engineering & Technology View 7 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students with a bachelor degree (Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Technology) or equivalent, in a field related to Science and Technology
- French and European students with a 'license' qualification or equivalent.
- Students must have graduated from the above before the end of August in order to enrol in a Masters Programme at Centrale Nantes in September.
- Applicants must have a good level in Mathematics and be fluent in English - written and spoken. An applicant whose native language is not English is required to pass a recognised international test of English
International7500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Nantes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.