What you will learn
The Foreign Language Education MEd program offered at University of South Florida is intended for experienced/certified educators (broadly defined to include not only teachers but all those working in educational agencies, educational publishing, supervision and administration, technology agencies, and so forth) as well as individuals, who hold an undergraduate degree in some field relevant to the area of specialization, interested in advanced study of education but who are not seeking teacher certification. The aim is to provide advanced preparation for professional educators who are willing to apply what they learn to the creation, implementation, and evaluation of effective instructional programs.
- Current Trends in Secondary Foreign Language Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Psychological Foundations of Education
- Learning Principles Applied to Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies Linguistics View 991 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of South Florida and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor’s degree from an approved regionally accredited institution (or international equivalent).
- An earned graduate degree with a minimum GPA of 3.50
- Two Letters of recommendation (1 personal and 1 professional) stating the ability of the student to complete graduate studies.
- Concept Paper or goal statement
- Evidence of a second language proficiency as demonstrated by evidence of 30 credit hours in foreign language coursework or interview with program faculty (in person or by phone).
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tampa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.