The Advanced Composite Engineering and Science programme of Centrale Nantes studies the performance of fibre-reinforced organic-matrix composites and structures are influenced by the constituting materials and the processing stage. Composite mechanical design can be efficiently and optimally performed when one has a good understanding of manufacturing influences and constraints. Therefore, the courses offered in this program will provide a theoretical and experimental emphasis on the relationships between constituents, processing and structural design.
- Simulate and optimize composite mechanical design and manufacturing using numerical tools
- Model materials’ behavior and physics involved in composite processes
- Characterize and manufacture composite materials
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Identify models, perform simulation and analyse results
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Manage or be part of a project
Prospects for employment or further study
- Sectors: Aeronautics, Automotive, Transportation, Wind and Marine Energy, Materials Producers, Consulting
- Fields: Mechanical Engineering, Design, Materials, Advanced Processes, Manufacturing, Research and Innovation
- Positions: Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Design Engineer, Research and Innovation Engineer (post PhD), Consultant
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Continuum Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Programming and Algorithms
- Numerical Methods
- Vibration and Differential Equations
- Business Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 31 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Applicants must hold a Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science or Equivalent. (Students in their final year of undergraduate study may be admitted on the condition that their bachelor's degrees are awarded before they enroll at Centrale Nantes.)
Applicants must be fluent in English, both in writing and speaking. An applicant whose native language is not English has to pass a recognized international English test such as the TOEFL or other equivalent. It is possible to directly enrol in the second year after authorisation from the Admission committee.
International7500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.