The Advanced Manufacturing programme of Centrale Nantes rely on both theoretical and practical aspects and cover the following areas: mechanical design of innovative mechanisms and products and customer-oriented design of products. Technical, human and economic factors are taken into account.
The programme of study lasts two academic years - denoted by M1 and M2. Advanced Manufacturing is one of four specialisms available within the Mechanical Engineering stream.
- Develop innovative processes and products for composite and metallic materials and structures
- Design products adapted to the processes
- Work in an integrated numerical environment and in a design & manufacturing global chain
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Identify models, perfom simulation and analyse results
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Manage or be part of a project
Prospects for employment or further study
- Sectors: Aeronautics, Automotive, Transportation, Wind and Marine Energy, Mechanics, Consulting
- Fields: Mechanical Engineering, Design, Materials, Advanced Processes, Additive Manufacturing, Research and Innovation
- Positions: Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Design Engineer, Research and Innovation Engineer (post PhD)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced CAD/CAM/CNC
- Additive Manufacturing and advanced manufacturing processes
- Design of Experiments methods for manufacturing
- Optimization in manufacturing engineering
- Manufacturing systems organization
- Multi-physics modelling for processes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Industrial Design General Engineering & Technology View 57 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students with a bachelor degree (Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Technology) or equivalent, in a field related to Science and Technology
- French and European students with a 'license' qualification or equivalent.
- Students must have graduated from the above before the end of August in order to enrol in a Masters Programme at Centrale Nantes in September.
- Applicants must have a good level in Mathematics and be fluent in English - written and spoken. An applicant whose native language is not English is required to pass a recognised international test of English
International7500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.