The MEL in Advanced Materials Manufacturing program from University of British Columbia offers a unique combination of technical and business classes – giving you the strategic skills to play a leading role in forward-thinking organizations.
Engineering courses span the entire industry value chain, from materials selection through to production. Business courses offered by the top-ranked UBC Sauder School of Business give you a solid foundation in business strategy and innovation, operations and logistics, project management, and organizational leadership.
What makes the program unique?
- Immerse yourself in a cutting-edge research environment at UBC – a leader in advanced materials manufacturing that is recognized globally for its expertise in metals, alloys, composites and associated manufacturing operations. You’ll work with the latest process simulation tools and complete case studies on materials selection and life-cycle analysis.
- Technical knowledge is not enough. Through courses offered by UBC Sauder School of Business, you’ll gain foundational business skills, improving your understanding of broad-based management concepts.
- Leadership development is embedded throughout the program, giving you ongoing opportunities to lead teams and projects and strengthen your interpersonal skills.
- Engineering who have mastered both a technical specialization and have an understanding of business have a distinct competitive advantage. In demand locally, nationally and internationally, our graduates have successfully moved into sought-after positions and new industry sectors.
- Advanced Simulation and Modelling Tools for Materials Manufacturing
- Organizational Leadership
- Strategy and Innovation
- Analytics & Interpretation for Applied Sciences
- Material Optimization for the Manufacturing of Structural Metallic Components
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Management Studies View 205 other Masters in Management Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants are advised to use the online application system. Learn more about application fees, payment methods, and application fee waivers.
- A statement of interest is an important part of most graduate school applications. It may also be called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
- All students who are enrolled in programs that include a practicum component involving work with children or vulnerable adults will have to undergo a criminal record check before they will be permitted to register in the practicum.
International54367 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54367 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National29810 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29810 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.