What Makes Us Unique
- The University of South Carolina’s Department of Sport and Entertainment Management is a world leader in providing top-ranked degree programs and innovative research across sport, entertainment and venue management. It is the first and largest program of its kind in the nation.
- Our graduate curriculum has the most comprehensive emphasis on venue management (arenas, stadiums, amphitheaters, etc.).
- Geared toward the development of potential and current managers, we expand your management and leadership skills.
- You will experience both personal and professional growth, while being supported by outstanding faculty with years of practical experience in the sport, entertainment and venue industries — marketers, venue managers, promoters, lawyers, and agents.
- The atmosphere cultivates long-term networking opportunities that lead to expanded career opportunities, while gaining study and work experience in outstanding local venues such as the Colonial Life Arena, Carolina Stadium, Williams-Brice Stadium and the Township Auditorium. You will also gain access to local sport and entertainment organizations including South Carolina Athletics, the Columbia Blowfish, IMG College, AEG, and Live Nation.
- Our curriculum is suitable for both those who have and those who do not have an academic background in business.
Learning Outcomes - Sport and Entertainment Management MSEM program at University of South Carolina
- Students should be able to apply learned concepts and theory to demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the sport and entertainment industry.
- Students will understand and have an appreciation for how research is used by and beneficial for sport and entertainment organizations and/or academics.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to develop and explain workable solutions to various industry problems.
- Business Principles in Sport Management.
- Special Topics in Live Entertainment and Sport.
- Sport and Entertainment Event Development
- Venue Management: Principles and Practices
- Integrated Marketing Communication in Sport and Entertainment
- Social Media in Live Entertainment and Sport
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Management Studies Sports Management View 343 other Masters in Marketing in United States
- A current resume.
- Statement of Career Objectives. This is a one to two page statement that specifically addresses how the department's Master's curriculum will help the applicant achieve these objectives.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
- One official transcript from each college or university attended (undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate).
- International applicants must provide official documents, but DO NOT submit your original copies.
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.