The Computational Mechanics programme of Centrale Nantes covers the modelling and numerical simulation of complex mechanical systems (both fluid and solid) involving a possible coupling of different physics at different scales. The training is based on a global approach towards the issues associated with numerical modelling, from the construction of models and their discretization to the numerical resolution of discrete models, and to the mathematical analysis of models and approximation methods.
- Model solids and fluid flow problems
- Use advanced numerical and scientific techniques to discretize and solve mechanical problems
- Master the mathematical analysis of models and approximation methods.
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Identify models, perform simulation and analyse results
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Manage or be part of a project
Prospects for employment or further study
- Sectors: Aeronautics, Automotive, Transportation, Wind and Marine Energy, Energy, Software, Consulting
- Fields: Mechanical Engineering, Design, Research and Innovation
- Positions: Computational Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Research and Innovation Engineer (post PhD)
- Continuum Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Programming and Algorithms
- Numerical Methods
- Vibration and Differential Equations
- Business Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering Automotive Engineering View 9 other Masters in Automotive Engineering in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students with a bachelor degree (Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Technology) or equivalent, in a field related to Science and Technology
- French and European students with a 'license' qualification or equivalent.
- Students must have graduated from the above before the end of August in order to enrol in a Masters Programme at Centrale Nantes in September.
- Applicants must have a good level in Mathematics and be fluent in English - written and spoken. An applicant whose native language is not English is required to pass a recognised international test of English
International7500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Nantes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.