The Exercise Science MSc program offered at University of South Carolina prepares students for careers in academia and multiple health-related specialties and professions within the broad scope of Exercise Physiology, such as exercise physiologist, fitness coordinator, rehabilitation coordinator, and many more. Additionally, the curriculum and related research opportunities prepare students for pursuing additional graduate work (e.g., PhD, MD, DPT).
The curriculum includes coursework in exercise physiology, clinical exercise testing, epidemiology, research methods and statistics, physical activity and health, and motor control and development. Elective coursework is also embedded within this framework to allow for individual interests, examples include skeletal muscle physiology, endocrinology in exercise and health, neural repair and rehabilitation, and community-based interventions for physical activity. There are countless opportunities to participate in ongoing research through assistantships and independent study courses.
A major in exercise science can prepare you for careers in:
- academic institutions
- hospitals and other medical or clinical settings
- research laboratories
- physical therapy or rehabilitation facilities
- health and fitness centers
- public health agencies
- Concepts and Methods of Epidemiology
- Project in Exercise Science
- Perspectives in Public Health
- Physiology of Exercise
- Physiology, Exercise, and Disease
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Sciences Kinesiology View 276 other Masters in Kinesiology in United States
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives describing your academic and research interests, relevant work experiences, academic/professional goals and objectives
- At least three letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional sources
- Official transcripts from all schools or colleges previously attended
- Non-US institution transcripts must be verified by World Education Services (WES) or equivalent evaluation service. Please submit a comprehensive course-by-course evaluation (WES ICAP)
- GRE scores
International33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National33928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33928 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State12688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12688 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Columbia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.