Identified as the first master’s degree in sports and entertainment management in Qatar and one of a few in the MENA region, the program trains and prepares students for management and leadership roles in the sports and entertainment industries. In 2018, USC’s MSEM program was ranked number 6 worldwide by Sport Business International.
The Sport and Entertainment Management program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University aims to support Qatar’s objectives by qualifying professionals with a variety of skills and experiences covering the legal, financial, as well as the operational and management aspects of the sports and entertainment industries. Graduates of the program could pursue a variety of career paths in the private and public sports sectors including sponsorship, marketing, event management, facility management, TV broadcasting, and academia and research.
Graduates of this program are equipped to:
- Apply learned concepts and theory to demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the sports and entertainment industries.
- Understand and have an appreciation for how research is used by and is beneficial for sports and entertainment organizations and/or academics.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop and explain workable solutions to various industry problems related to sports and entertainment.
- The MSEM is a 36-credit hour degree program, taught over two years in English, and designed to train students for management and leadership roles in the sports, entertainment, and venue management industries. Successful students will have skills at the intersection between management, finance, and law. The acquired skills will enable graduates to efficiently deal with several challenges within the sports and entertainment industries.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarketing Sports Management Sports Sciences
- A strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4.0) from a recognized university
- Applicants should have a degree in Sport, management, finance, engineering, business and related fields. Applicants who have studied other fields may be considered
- Applicants are required to submit a valid IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English
- Official electronic copies of transcripts and graduation statements should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
International25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- QAR 182,500 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.