The Master of Science in Cybersecurity is designed to train graduate scholars, professionals, entrepreneurs, leaders, and researchers in the advanced knowledge and skills required to fully understand and implement the technologies, tools, management methods, and policy issues related to cybersecurity.
The Cybersecurity program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University not only covers multidisciplinary fields related to cybersecurity technology but also examines policy, ethics, and management related to IT security and cyber threats. The program leverages strong partnerships and collaborations both within HBKU and beyond the university. Delivery of the program involves collaborations with HBKU’s research institutes, most notably with QCRI.
This program also builds on work with industrial and governmental partners, both local and international, who are currently working on critical projects aimed at providing solutions to address global challenges and lead to a safer cyber world, in support of Qatar’s aspirations in this area.
The program offers its students the option of either completing a research thesis or working on an industrial project. The thesis requires in-depth theoretical and research components, while the industrial project offers a route for students to further develop real-world problem-solving experience.
The program includes a core course in leadership and innovation, ensuring that all graduates are equipped with the skills and knowledge to assume leading roles within academic, governmental, and non-governmental organizations.
- The development of extensive and advanced knowledge in the field of cybersecurity, covering major areas such as applied cryptography, computer and network security, secure software/hardware systems, and cybersecurity policy, management, and ethics.
- A multi-faceted curriculum covering multidisciplinary aspects that are not only related to cybersecurity technology but also cover policy, management, ethics, and IT security.
- Hands-on experience with real-world projects related to secure software and hardware design and implementation, secure mobile systems, information security, risk analysis, computer and network forensics, among others.
- A research thesis or industrial project involving original work related to cybersecurity, guided by world-class faculty members from HBKU, its research institutes, and other stakeholders.
- Research Methods and Ethics in ICT
- Applied Cryptography
- Computer and Network Security
- Security Risk Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security
- A strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4.0) from a recognized university
- A bachelor's degree or background in Computer science, information systems, engineering, mathematics and related fields
- Applicants are required to submit a valid IELTS score of 6.5 or TOEFL score of 79 to demonstrate their proficiency in English
- Official electronic copies of transcripts and graduation statements should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
International25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National25061 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50123 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
QAR 182,500 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.