The Autism Spectrum Disorder and Intellectual Disabilities MA program offered at University of South Florida meets the accreditation standards required by the College of Education, University of South Florida. The curriculum in the major is aligned with the conceptual framework of the College of Education and meets the specific standards of the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Major Research Areas
The major benefits the university, local community and the state can be summarized in two ways. In a quantitative way, the major meets the need of preparing effective teachers to work with the growing number of students in general and special education who are identified as having ASD and/or InD labels. This is demonstrated through the critical shortage of data at a national and state level and also in the surveys of local school districts to USF. In a qualitative way, the major meets the need to prepare effective teachers to work with this group of students that represents a paradigmatic shift in where and how these students learn. Students with ASD and/or InD labels need meaningful access to general education curriculum and their typically developing peers and this major meets this need.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educating Students with Autism
- Positive Behavior Support Low Incid. Intellectual Disab. & ASD
- Assistive Technology for Students with Low Incidence
- Identification and Assessment of Individuals with Low Incidence Intellectual Disabilities and ASD
- Collaborative Transition and Career Planning for Students with Low Incidence Disabilities
- Curriculum and Instruction for Students with Low Incidence Disabilities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Special Education Teaching View 201 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- An earned baccalaureate degree in education or a related field that has a relationship with autism and/or intellectual disabilities from a regionally accredited college of university or the equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees from a international institution.
- An earned graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher
- GRE scores
- A letter of application that addresses why the candidate desires to pursue a master’s degree in ASD and InD.
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from persons who have seen the candidate teach and/or work with children and youth who have labels of ASD and/or InD.
International15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
National15864 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15864 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.