The Women, Society and Development program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University draws on a variety of disciplines in social sciences and humanities, ranging from economics and social theory, to development and policy studies, to history and communication studies.
The program fulfills Qatar’s aspiration to contribute to global sustainable development goals relating to women and gender issues and the role of women in social and economic development. It also provides the nation with a think-tank capability on women-related issues that can be used for developing coherent national policies that cross the commercial, health, education and family sectors.
The program is open to all those interested in developing expertise in a wide variety of issues relating to women, society and development in the Middle East.
Graduates of the program are equipped to:
- Engage in local and regional knowledge production, and to enhance their skills in understanding and responding to women’s issues that are specific to the Middle Eastern context.
- Pursue careers in different fields and entities, such as research, higher education, consulting entities, media firms, diplomatic entities, and national, regional and international non-governmental organizations.
- Pursue advanced research at PhD level.
- A two-year, full-time program that requires 39 credits with three departmental core courses, three program core courses, three electives, an internship (or an independent research project), and a thesis. All courses are taught in English.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies Sociology International Development
- A bachelorʼs degree in a relevant field with a strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4) from a recognized university
- Submit a valid IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 79 in order to demonstrate your proficiency in English
- Official electronic copies of transcripts and graduation statements should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
International13045 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26091 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National13045 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26091 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- QAR 95,000 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.