Its strong interdisciplinary character combines in-depth knowledge of both theoretical and applied ethics rooted in the Islamic tradition. The program is consistent with the Qatar National Vision 2030 by enhancing a knowledge-based society and with HBKU’s mission to develop world-class interdisciplinary academic programs.
Graduates of the Applied Islamic Ethics program of the Hamad Bin Khalifa University will have the skills to continue their academic studies at the PhD level in the many fields covered in this program. They may also choose to work in a professional environment by regulating ethical guidelines and policies in government and private institutions active in a wide range of areas, including biomedical sciences, engineering, business, politics, family, migrant labor, and human rights – in Muslim and Western contexts.
- The MA in Applied Islamic Ethics is designed to equip students with the skills required to master the tools of theoretical ethics and how they can be applied to address leading-edge ethical dilemmas from the perspective of the rich Islamic ethical tradition.
- The overall structure of the program is designed to balance two main aspects: ‘the academic aspect’ of Islamic ethics, through a scholarly approach rooted in the Islamic scholarly tradition; and the ‘applied aspect’, to improve students’ skills in addressing the vexing ethical dilemmas and questions that people face in contemporary times – adding critical value to professional qualifications.
- Islamic Ethics: Mapping the Field
- Research Methods and Sources on Ethics
- Scriptural Ethics: Ethics in Qur’an and Sunnah
- Theological and Philosophical Ethics
- Art and Ethics
- Business Ethics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Philosophy & Ethics Islamic Studies View 5 other Masters in Islamic Studies in Qatar
- A strong academic record (minimum 3.0 GPA out of 4.0) from a recognized university.
- IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 79
- Official electronic copies of transcripts and graduation statements should be submitted as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit two letters of recommendation
- Applicants should submit a personal statement as part of the online application
- Applicants should submit a copy of their current resume or curriculum vitae
- All applicants should submit an electronic copy of their passport as part of the online application
International9887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19774 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
National9887 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19774 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- QAR 72,000 per full
Living costs for Ar Rayyan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.