World Literatures and Cultures from University of Ottawa explores the comparative and interdisciplinary nature of world cultures and arts, both past and present. It draws upon the combined expertise of professors from the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures and from other departments in both the faculties of Arts and Social Sciences.
Students at World Literatures and Cultures from University of Ottawa will:
- discover how identities are shaped by cultural expressions in a national and transnational context.
- explore the nature of representation and cultural diversity.
- expand their intercultural knowledge in the dynamic setting of the nation’s capital.
- Intertextuality: Literature and the Arts
- Lesser-Used and Minority Languages and Literatures
- Europe and Its Others
- Orientalism in Literature, Cinema and the Media
- Topics in World Literatures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Literature View 103 other Masters in History in Canada
- Have a BA with honours or major in languages, literature, linguistics, translation, film studies, communication, international studies, intercultural studies, or in another related discipline;
- Have achieved a minimum average of 70% (B), calculated in accordance with guidelines in effect for graduate studies;
- Have an active knowledge (proficiency in understanding, speaking and writing) of one of the two official languages (either English or French) and have at least a passive knowledge (ability to understand and read) of the other language.
- Resume (must include chronological academic history as well as any other professional or extracurricular experience relevant to the application)
- Letter of intent
- Writing sample: clean copy of an essay or paper (10-15 pages) for an undergraduate course
- 2 Recommendation letters
International16980 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.