Theatre from University of Ottawa enables students to broaden their academic scope with regard to the epistemological and interdisciplinary specificities of theatre as an art form and as a discipline of study; it encourages the analysis of the Western world’s principal theatrical traditions from various discursive perspectives; it fosters a greater understanding of Canada’s two principal theatrical traditions and helps develop scholarly discourse in regards to each.
Students at Theatre from University of Ottawa will:
- bridge theoretical and practical approaches to the study of theatre.
- broaden their academic scope with regard to the epistemological and interdisciplinary specificities of theatre as an art form and as a discipline of study.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epistemology of Theatre Studies
- Theory of Performance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 28 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in Canada
- An honours bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) with a specialization or major in Theatre or related discipline; or An honours bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in another discipline, with a minor in Theatre and two or more years of relevant experience; or An honours bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in another discipline, with three or more years of relevant experience.
- A minimum admission average of 70% (B), calculated in accordance with graduate studies guidelines.
- Resume (must include chronological academic history)
- Letter of intent (3 pages maximum) including your motivations to pursue this program and a short description of your intended research project
- Writing sample: clean copy of an essay or paper written for an undergraduate course
- 3 Recommendation letters
- English Proficiency
International16980 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2456 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.