The degree awarded is the Master of Arts (MA) in Public and International Affairs Specialization in Environmental Sustainability. The program is offered at University of Ottawa on a part-time and full-time basis and also offers a coop option to full-time enrolled students.Full-time and part-time students in the Master in Public and International Affairs must successfully complete a total of six core courses, four elective specialized seminars, one capstone seminar and a research paper for a total of 39 units.
Public and international affairs is a participating unit in the collaborative program in Environmental Sustainability as well as in the collaborative program in Science, Society and Policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Economics for Public Management and Policy
- Concepts and Issues in International Affairs
- Democratic Government and Public Policy
- Macroeconomic Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 25 other Masters in International Relations in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To gain admission to the MA in Public and International Affairs, applicants must have completed an honours undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) in the social sciences, in arts, in management, or in law, with at least a 75% (B+) average
- A minimum of 2 years of full-time professional work experience is required in order to follow the part-time program. Part-time work over the summer months or during previous studies (co-op, internship) will not be considered to be equivalent. An interview may be required to assess the relevance of the work experience.
- A basic knowledge of economics is required
International17146 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8573 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4912 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2456 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.