The Animal and Food Science in Tropics and Subtropics programme at Czech University of Life Sciences Prague is focused on breeding of domestic and farmed animals typical for the tropical and subtropical regions; on their nutrition, diseases prevention and reproduction. At the same time it is also focused on processing of animal products, food quality and safety, as well as on understanding of impacts of these activities on the environment and human health.
Master study takes usually two years (four semesters), finished by the Final state Exam, which consists of the defence of the MSc. thesis and of an examination from two obligatory and one optional courses.
During study the students actively participate in the science-research projects of the faculty, in data collection for their research, with themes oriented on the tropical and subtropical areas and on the work in CULS laboratories or partners institutions. Students learn how to apply their knowledge to the practice due to an active support of mobility to foreign research institutions and projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The courses are divided into obligatory and optional during the study where student gain both theoretical and practical experiences.
- The great emphasis is put on the quality processing of the final diploma thesis.
- Very important part of courses represents Scientific Seminar during which gives to students opportunity to present their own work and improve their communication skills dealing with their diploma thesis.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A codnition for acceptance to studies to a Master's programme is the submission of a Bachelor's Diploma from any university in agricultural, technical, economics or natural sciences.
- It also takes into account the interest of the applicants in the specific programme concerned. For foreign applicants, it is necessary to prove the “nostrification” of the acquired level of education or Recognition of previous studies issued by the CZU in Prague (more information below).
International188 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 188 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA188 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 188 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Tuition fees in national currency: 5 000 CZK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.