The Applied Econometrics and Forecasting program at ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management aims to educate specialised staff of financial institutions, companies, and other public and private organisations that use the analysis and processing of data as a support for decision-making, as well as university professors and researchers.
To this end, it aims to develop the ability to integrate theoretical and empirical knowledge critically and creatively, and to familiarise students with various IT programmes for quantitative analysis
Why Master in Applied Econometrics and Forecasting @ISEG Lisbon?
- ISEG pioneered the teaching of Econometrics, over 50 years ago, thus has a long tradition in teaching this subject.
- The vast majority of ISEG’s faculty has carried out internationally-recognized research with publications in the most highly ranked Econometrics and Statistics journals.
- The Masters in Applied Econometrics and Forecasting develops skills to integrate theoretical and empirical knowledge critically and creatively, and to familiarize students with various IT programs for quantitative analysis.
- Designed for specialized staff of financial institutions, companies, and other public and private organizations that use the analysis and processing of data as a support for decision-making.
- The Winner of the Bank of Portugal Prize for Best Dissertation using Portuguese data (for years 2017 and 2018) is a graduate from the Masters in Applied Econometrics and Forecasting.
MEAP graduates are employed in:
- Public sector economic research and statistics department;
- Private sector economic research and planning departments;
- Banking and Insurance;
- Higher and Secondary Education;
- Consulting Firms.
- Time Series Analysis and Forecast
- Topics in Statistical Inference
- Time Series Analysis for Finance
The Masters of Applied Econometrics and Forecasting is designed for those intending to complete, consolidate, update, and strengthen their 1 st Cycle education in the areas of Statistics, Econometrics, Time Series, and Forecasting.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 27 other Masters in Economics in Portugal
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students with a degree in Economics, Management, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Engineering. Degrees in other areas may be considered suitable
- The Masters is aimed, above all, for those who intend to get close to the boundary of knowledge. The Postgraduate course is designed for technical personnel who need to keep up-to-date, and also for recent graduates looking for a technical expertise.
- Applications are considered from eligible graduates in Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Finance, Management, Mathematics, or MAEG. Applications from other Bachelors graduates will be duly considered by the Scientific and Pedagogical Board.
International4266 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6400 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA3400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5100 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Lisbon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.