The College of Education at the University of Illinois at Chicago offers course work which leads to the Master of Education in Early Childhood Education.
- Advanced Developmental Psychology and Educational Processes
- Social Development of Urban Children
- Constructivist Approaches to Development: Piaget and Vygotsky
- Language Development, Diversity, and Disabilities
- Characteristics and Assessment of Young Children with Disabilities
- Early Childhood/Early Childhood Special Education: Perspectives, Policies and History
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3090 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants are considered on an individual basis. The following requirements for admissions represent recommended minimum levels of performance.
- Three letters addressing the applicant’s academic qualifications, any experiences working with young children and their families, and ability to carry on advanced degree studies. Letters should be from current or former professors or supervisors.
- A 3–4 page questionnaire addressing the applicant’s relevant background and experience, interest in young children, and goals for the MEd program. Applicants must also interview with program faculty.
- Content Tests/Language Proficiency Tests
International24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National24738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State11870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5935 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.