The Tourism, Environmental and Cultural Heritage degree at University of Tasmania will utilise its strong industry connections and enable experiential learning opportunities to ensure your learning and work readiness is maximised.
Learn through experience, including on-site learning, industry encounters, and critical reflections on your own tourist experiences.
- Identify and analyse the impact of one or more key developments in contemporary tourism and cultural heritage theory on the tourism and cultural heritage industries.
- Evaluate the application of sustainable tourism principles to the tourism and cultural heritage industries.
- Synthesise knowledge of theory and practice to design effective approaches to either contemporary cultural heritage management, or entrepreneurial tourism communication.
- Research and assess one, or more, contemporary tourism innovation and its application to the tourism and cultural heritage industry
- Communicate effectively to present aspects of your work in an appropriate manner to a wide range of tourism and cultural heritage stakeholders
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Global Issues in Tourism
- Critical and Contested Issues in Tourism
- The Sharing Economy and Disruptive Innovations
- Tourism Venture Creation
- Strategic Entrepreneurship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Tourism & Leisure View 70 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the Graduate Diploma in Tourism, Environmental and Cultural Heritage requires a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in any discipline.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33450 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33450 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.