Designed for those wanting to promote and implement change across a range of social, environment, political and business settings, the Strategic Communication from University of Tasmania helps you to develop advanced analytical skills and professional-level communications expertise.
Students will develop knowledge of the strategic and political communications fields and media industries, and produce and engage with traditional and emergent media platforms and practices.
You will be taught by leading researchers and lecturers, who possess a broad range of industry experience in a state of the art contemporary Media School supported by equipment and technical know-how. The diploma is designed for students seeking the benefits of online learning and intensive workshops and seminars.
- Critically analyse media texts, practices, industries and audiences from a theoretical perspective, showing awareness of local, national and international contexts.
- Communicate scholarly ideas in effective and ethical ways across a variety of media platforms, showing advanced abilities in at least two areas of media production.
- Design and produce media content that responds to a changing and dynamic media environment to a professional standard.
- Reflect critically on your professional development to support collaborative media practices.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Digital Media
- Public Relations
- Arts and Cultural Events
- Professional Placement
- Communicating Science
- Multiplatform Storytelling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Strategic Management Digital Communication View 35 other Masters in Digital Communication in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 0100440
We encourage you to apply for the courses you most want to study. If you’re not eligible to enter your chosen course right now, the University of Tasmania admissions team will work with you to find the best pathway option.
Entry into the Graduate Diploma requires;
- a Bachelor’s degree with a credit average in any discipline, or
- work experience of at least three years in journalism, public relations, event management, and/or the related professions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31950 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.