The University will utilise its strong industry connections and enable experiential learning opportunities to ensure your learning and work readiness is maximised.
Learn through experience, including on-site learning, industry encounters, and critical reflections on your own tourist experiences with the Tourism, Environmental and Cultural Heritage degree at University of Tasmania.
You will also develop skills to manage the opportunities, complexity and sensitivities that arise when culture, environmental values and creativity intersect with business development and be equipped with entrepreneurial and leadership tools, frameworks and an attitude to work in a fast changing and competitive industry, disrupted constantly by technology and an ever-changing market.
- Identify and analyse the impact of one or more key developments in contemporary tourism and cultural heritage theory on the tourism and cultural heritage industries.
- Evaluate the application of sustainable tourism principles to the tourism and cultural heritage industries.
- Synthesise knowledge of theory and practice to design effective approaches to either contemporary cultural heritage management, or entrepreneurial tourism communication.
- Research and assess one, or more, contemporary tourism innovation and its application to the tourism and cultural heritage industry
- Communicate effectively to present aspects of your work in an appropriate manner to a wide range of tourism and cultural heritage stakeholders
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Tourism Development
- Global Issues in Tourism
- Critical and Contested Issues in Tourism
- The Sharing Economy and Disruptive Innovations
- Tourism Venture Creation
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Tourism & Leisure View 61 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission to the Graduate Certificate in Tourism, Environmental and Cultural Heritage requires a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in any discipline.
International16725 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16725 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 6 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.