Strategic Communication course at University of Tasmania aims to produce independent and entrepreneurial communicators. Designed for those wanting to promote and implement change across a range of social, environmental, political and business settings, the course helps you to develop advanced analytical skills and professional-level communication expertise. You will develop knowledge of the strategic and political communication fields and media industries, and produce and engage with traditional and emergent media platforms and practices.
- Critically analyse one or more media texts, practice, industries and audiences from a theoretical perspective, showing awareness of local, global contexts
- Communicate effectively and ethically across one or more media platforms, showing advanced abilities in at least one area of media production and/or the ability to communicate scholarly ideas in a meaningful way
- Design and produce media content with initiative and judgement to an advanced standard and respond to a changing and dynamic media environment
- Evaluate and reflect on one’s professional and research development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Strategic Digital Media
- Arts and Cultural Event
- Public Relations
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Strategic Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 37 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entry into the Graduate Certificate requires a bachelor’s degree with a credit average in any discipline, or work experience of at least three years in journalism, public relations, event management, and/or the related professions.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15475 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15475 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.