The rising prevalence of dementia is creating new challenges and a pressing need for change in the way our systems and practices support people who live with dementia.
- Fully online and flexible with modular content suitable for a wide variety of study approaches
- Easy to navigate and accessible across a range of devices
- Personal perspectives highlighted in assessments linking acquired knowledge to individual contexts.
- Relevant and up-to-date course information
We anticipate career outcomes using wide and thorough knowledge of dementia and its effects, depending on the student's background. These may include:
- Specialist roles and policy input for residential care or community facilities
- Government or private roles dealing with policy and governance related to people with dementia and their carers
- Roles that inform and design practice around care, with a strong person-centred focus
- Augmented clinical skills for students with a health-professional background
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health and Social Care in Dementia
- Neurobiology of Dementia
- Policies and Systems in Dementia
- Public Health and Dementia
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that international students should apply at least 3 months prior and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to the start date.
DisciplinesNeuroscience Health Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 6 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code 00586B
- A bachelor degree in a health discipline, social work or psychology (AQF7/equivalent from a recognised institution)
- A bachelor degree (AQF7 equivalent) in another field, PLUS EITHER a year of full time (equivalent) work experience in dementia/aged care, neurobiology, heath systems/services or public health, OR successful prior completion of four units from the Diploma of Dementia Care (M1D)
- We recommend that candidates complete the Understanding Dementia MOOC prior to enrolment, if their previous degree is not related to dementia.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6500 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.