The programme begins with an introduction which is themed to the disciplines of environmental and sustainability sciences. Common foundations of natural and social sciences are provided in the first semester’s introductory modules.
- The Masters programme in Sustainability Science from Leuphana University of Lüneburgprovides an academically grounded education in environmental and sustainable research on the master level.
- The goal is to provide the theoretical, methodological, organizational, and communicative skills that are necessary to develop, realize, and reflect on one’s own disciplinary and interdisciplinary research work and projects in the field of environmental and sustainability sciences.
- In addition, the degree program aims at enabling students to function as change agents and initiate, promote, and manage processes of transition towards sustainable policies in economic, scientific, political, and civil organizations as well as to evaluate the processes’ results and impacts.
- Ecosystem Responses to Chemical Pollution
- Earth Systems and Climate change
- Sustainable Chemistry 1: Concepts of Sustainable Chemistry
- Market-oriented Sustainability Management
- Conservation Biology
- Ecosystem processes: a biogeochemical perspective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development View 40 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Masters programme is targeted at graduates with a bachelors or equivalent degree, who wish to expand their academic knowledge of environmental and sustainability sciences.
- It is not required that your previous degree was completed in environmental or sustainability sciences, nevertheless basic knowledge in at least one of the fields of sustainability sciences is necessary.
- The basic modules offered in the first semester have a convergence function and, therefore, students must be willing to collaborate at interdisciplinary level. Admission requirements include, among other aspects, adequate knowledge of the English language.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Semester contribution: approx. EUR 360
Living costs for Lüneburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.