The Human Nutrition program from Johns Hopkins University prepares students to assume professional, technical and management positions within public health nutrition programs or government, international or non-government agencies, universities, hospitals and private industry. The MSPH program also prepares students with a foundation of knowledge and skills for carrying out subsequent doctoral study and research in the field of human nutrition, or training in medicine.
The MSPH in Human Nutrition, based in the Department of International Health, is focused on both domestic and international issues with a focus on disadvantaged populations. Through the practicum requirement students will have the opportunity to gain experience working with global or domestic public health organizations.
There are four overarching academic competencies that students are expected to master during the course of their MSPH program. Students should
- Identify and interpret public health nutrition problems and characterize these problems in terms of measurable indicators
- Analyze relevant nutrition data and interpret scientific evidence to develop and implement prevention, control, and evaluation plans
- Design, manage, and evaluate nutrition-related research or programs in a field, laboratory, or clinical experience—from conception of ideas through data collection and analysis—to inform guidelines
- Communicate through written reports, oral presentations, and other media nutrition information of high technical quality and program or policy relevance
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics View 1564 other Masters in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Johns Hopkins University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application
- Official transcripts from EVERY college-level institution you attended (academic records from institutions outside the U.S. must undergo a credentials evaluation).
- Standardized test score (Please review for Covid-19 Pandemic related policies)
- English proficiency test score (TOEFL or IELTS), if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
International60960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60960 USD per year during 18 months.
National60960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60960 USD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.