The aim of the Professional Accounting (with Professional Study Preparation) programme at Northumbria University London Branch is to enable you to develop an integrated and critically aware understanding of international accounting and thus expand your career options by combining the knowledge of your previous degree with a specialised MSc in Professional Accounting.
The programme will give you the specialised skills required to implement theory in areas such as governance and auditing, performance management, corporate and group reporting, and business strategic management. As such, this MSc is designed to build on the transferable skills important for employment in the areas of financial accounting, auditing and management accounting.
- Develop your expertise in core professional accounting topics in auditing, strategic management, reporting and performance management
- Study an MSc closely aligned with the ACCA professional level papers, including a dedicated year-long module where you should have attempted the ACCA professional stage exams
- Prepare yourself for managerial and strategic roles in accounting
- Newcastle Business School is part of a select group of business schools worldwide, following accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) in business and accounting – the first in Europe to gain the double accreditation
- Upon completion of your programme, you will be eligible for the QA Professional Pathways programmes which will enable you to further develop your skills with one of the UK’s largest providers of IT and project management training
Careers and further studyThrough the specialist accounting modules that are closely aligned with the ACCA, you will be well placed to pursue a career in accounting in a number of varied roles ranging from corporate reporting and auditing to more strategic and performance focused positions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Developing Global Management Competencies I
- Corporate and Group Reporting
- Strategic Business Leadership
- Development Global Management Competencies II
- Audit, Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Performance Management
- Dissertation Preparation and Research Methods
- Accounting and Finance Professional Study Preparation
- The Newcastle Business School Masters Dissertation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Accounting Forensic Accounting View 218 other Masters in Accounting in United Kingdom
- A minimum of a 2:2 honours degree or equivalent, and completion of ACCA Applied Knowledge and Applied Skills papers, or contemporary equivalent.
- Applicants with professional qualifications in accounting and finance will also be considered
International22449 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22449 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA16149 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16149 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.