The Architecture, Ambiances, Urbanity programme of Centrale Nantes is designed to provide scientific theoretical knowledge and tools necessary to understand and address the environmental physical problems resulting from the ever increasing urban population. Various key disciplines such as urban microclimatology, wind and ventilation in urban areas, human ecology of urban spaces, sunlight and illumination are taught through advanced lectures and research work in laboratories renowned in these fields.
The Master programme is fully recognized by the French Ministry of Higher Education and the network of contacts established by the researchers engaged in the programme guarantees international exposure for the students.
- Understand and master the theoretical and methodological foundations of urban environments through the problematic of ambiances.
- Master the physical phenomena that contribute to the comfort and to the perception of the developed or built environment.
- Know how to characterise urban ambiances.
In addition to the above specialism-specific skills, students will also develop more general skills:
- Express assumptions to analyse and solve a problem
- Communicate comprehensive results in a meaningful way
- Undertake bibliographic surveys of international research and professional literature
- Carry out an urban project through its environmental challenges
Job prospects & further PhD studies
- Sector: Urban planning and design, Urban environment, Architecture.
- Fields: Urban planning, Microclimatology, Comfort conditions in urban areas
- Job positions: Urban planner/architect in consulting office or groups specialized in environmental engineering; assistance to contracting authorities; Research and academic career (post PhD).
- Fluid mechanics
- Programming and algorithms
- Energetics and building heat transfers
- Introduction to Geographic Information Sciences
- Introduction to research
- Business Environment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Mechanical Engineering Urban Planning View 15 other Masters in Urban Planning in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- International students with a bachelor degree (Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Technology) or equivalent, in a field related to Science and Technology
- French and European students with a 'license' qualification or equivalent.
- Students must have graduated from the above before the end of August in order to enrol in a Masters Programme at Centrale Nantes in September.
- Applicants must have a good level in Mathematics and be fluent in English - written and spoken. An applicant whose native language is not English is required to pass a recognised international test of English
International7500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEA fees of approximately €260 per year.
Living costs for Nantes
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.