This Computing and Technology with Advanced Practice programme from Northumbria University London Branch has been designed in consultation with partners from industry to ensure you learn up-to-date computing knowledge required by employers across the industry. Graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers in the IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers.
The Advanced Practice option integrates an Internship, Group Consultancy Project or Research Project into the Masters programme, offering the opportunity to spend three months gaining all-important work experience and employability skills in a professional work setting.
- Enhance your knowledge in the application of programming language, big data and software life cycle modelling
- Learn how to develop an innovation strategy whilst assessing associated risks and innovation capabilities in an organisation
- Develop your business intelligence and leadership capabilities
- The Advanced Practice includes an Internship, Group Consultancy Project or Research Project, enhancing your employability with all-important work experience
- Upon graduating, opt to further develop your skills and employability with Professional Pathways programmes through one of the UK’s leading IT and project management training providers, QA
Careers and further studyThis Masters programme has been designed to ensure that graduates from the programme will be equipped to work in a variety of careers in the IT industry or to progress to academic or research-orientated careers. Indeed, the qualification is designed to accelerate your skills and competence in a range of job roles, including roles in leadership and management in IT, Software Engineer, Database Developer, Data Analyst, Information Security professional, Business Analyst, to name but a few.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Information Governance and Cyber Security
- Leadership in a Digital Age
- Principles of Software Engineering
- Database and Analytics Principles
- Innovations in Business and Technology
- Research Methods for Professional Practice
- Academic Language Skills for Computer and Information Sciences
- Engineering and Environment Advanced Practice
- MSc Computing and Digital Technologies Project
Start dates & application deadlines
Update for September 2020 intake: As a result of Covid-19 and social distancing requirements, we are intending to teach this course using a mix of on-campus and online teaching. For students unable to travel due to travel restrictions in place in their country, students will be able to start online and join us when travel to London is possible. Please check the programme website for more details.
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 146 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
- Minimum 2:2 (second class) honours degree from a UK university or equivalent
- Professional qualifications with equivalent standing which had a significant requirement for academic study, may also be considered
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.