The Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine program of Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences features both classroom and clinical training in acupuncture studies, emphasizing hands-on learning under direct supervision of experienced faculty. In addition, students receive specialized training in Chinese herbal medicine.
In the first year, students learn essential foundational theories and principles of both Eastern and Western medicine. You will immediately begin to practice clinical skills and develop the professional competencies necessary to become a successful acupuncturist with a special emphasis on acupuncture needle techniques and Chinese herbal medicine. Students begin their clinical experiences by observing and assisting in the delivery of patient care.
Japanese Acupuncture Styles (JAS)Japanese acupuncture places an emphasis on palpation (touch) as part of the diagnostic and treatment process. It includes the use of very thin needles as well as other tools for non-needling techniques, which allow for especially gentle treatments. While Japanese acupuncture is beneficial for patients of all ages, it is well suited for children.
- Japanese Acupuncture
- Chinese Herbs
- Actions and Effects of Points and Channels
- Clinical Skills of TCM
- Acupuncture Integrative Pain Management
- Acupuncture Channel Theory
- Clinical Assistantship
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 794 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admission consideration, the following application materials must be submitted:
- Completed MCPHS Application
- Official college transcript(s) from all colleges/universities attended demonstrating satisfactory completion of at least two (2) years of undergraduate-level education (60-semester credits or 90 quarter credits) from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
- A formal statement of purpose indicating your desire to study acupuncture at MCPHS University
International29760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29760 USD per year during 36 months.
National29760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29760 USD per year during 36 months.
- Year 1: $30,915/ academic year
- Years 2-3: $34,290 / academic year33,000 USD per year
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.