At University of Waterloo we offer a master degree in Data Science.
- With data coming from sensors, digital images, streaming video, satellite and medical imagery, and from interactions with cloud computing, data-driven approaches to decision making are being applied in areas as diverse as medicine, business, advertising, and entertainment.
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Machine Learning Scientist
- Applications Architect
- Enterprise Architect
- Data Architect
- Infrastructure Architect
- Data Engineer
- Waterloo has built an entrepreneurial ecosystem that propels students to transform and disrupt the status quo.
- We offer our graduate students opportunities to engage in experiential learning and connect with industry to support them in inquiry and impact-driven research.
- We have a wide range of professional and online programs that, alongside our research programs, support our students in the creation of personal, economic, and societal value.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Artificial Intelligence View 39 other Masters in Artificial Intelligence in Canada
- A four-year Honours Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics or a related field, with a minimum overall average of 78%.
- Experience at the senior level in computer science or statistics.
- Three references, at least two academic
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 90 (writing 25, speaking 25), IELTS 7.0 (writing 6.5, speaking 6.5)
International14084 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7042 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.