At University of Waterloo we offer a master degree in Climate Change.
- Geography as a discipline: finding practical solutions and managing complex environmental problems.
- As a globally respected discipline, Geography provides us with the perspective and tools to respond to challenges facing society.
- At its core, Geography provides practical solutions to issues at local to global scales with a special emphasis on geographical context.
- Waterloo has built an entrepreneurial ecosystem that propels students to transform and disrupt the status quo. We offer our graduate students opportunities to engage in experiential learning and connect with industry to support them in inquiry and impact-driven research.
- We have a wide range of professional and online programs that, alongside our research programs, support our students in the creation of personal, economic, and societal value.
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology View 5 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Waterloo and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Students must have completed a four‐year honours Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a humanities, social science, health, engineering, science, or business discipline with an overall average of at least 75% in the final 20 courses (or last 2 years).
- In some instances, students with a three‐year degree are accepted into a "qualifying period" whereby they take one or two terms of prescribed undergraduate courses and then, if grades on these are high enough (usually 75%), the student is allowed to proceed into the MCC program. Please contact the Department Coordinator for more information on qualifying years.
- Three references, normally from academic sources but may be from professional sources
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 100 (writing 26, speaking 26), IELTS 7.5 (writing 7.0, speaking 7.0).
International18904 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9452 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.