During the Master's programme in Sustainable Energy Engineering at Aalborg University - Esbjerg , you work with the latest technologies within areas such as analysis and design of systems for offshore wind turbines, modelling of complex offshore systems, combustion technology and bio-energy systems. In this way, you learn to design, develop and manage effective methods for utilsation of energy ressources.
The industry wants such candidates with cooperation skills which the project and group work provide and Sustainable Energy Engineers are in short supply – Denmark will lack 13,500 engineers in 2025. During the study programme you will have possibilities to work with high tech companies and will become part of an exciting international environment and have the possibility of exciting international stays.
Why Choose Aalbrog?
- Problem based and project oriented work
- Project time covers 50% of the total number of ECTS of the semester
- Multi-disciplinary project work
- Study groups of up to 7 students
- Research based teaching provided by the Department of Energy Technology
- Work with the latest technologies
- Collaboration with researchers and companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureYou will explore questions such as:
- How to design efficient systems for thermal processes and combustion systems
- How to optimise process parameters and minimize operational problems in thermal systems
- How to improve the design of cleaning systems for facilities to meet environmental demands.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 12 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Denmark
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Energy Engineering, Aalborg University, campus Esbjerg
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Mechatronics, Aalborg University, campus Aalborg
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Sustainable Energy Engineering with the specialisation in Mechatronics, Aalborg University, campus Aalborg
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Applied Industrial Electronics, Aalborg University, campus Esbjerg
- or similar
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13794 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6897 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 51,300 DKK
Living costs for Esbjerg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.