The Terrorism, Crime and Global Security program offered by Staffordshire University provides students the opportunity to debate issues relating to terrorism, extremism, and radicalisation and the impact on society. You’ll investigate terror threats and how counter-terrorism policies affect local communities.
You’ll apply theory and a critical approach to understanding terrorism: historical dimensions, its changing forms and the meaning of terrorism in 21st century.
The uniqueness of this course is that you’ll work with experts in sociology and criminology offering a critical examination of terrorism, crime, global security and the impact that tackling terrorism is having on local communities.
Our robust training in research methods will support those wanting to pursue further doctoral research.
Employability is embedded throughout the course and you’ll have the opportunity to undertake a dissertation project within your place of work or volunteer within an organisation, business or government department relating to the issues covered on the MA course.
On completion of the Terrorism, Crime and Global Security MA, you’ll be equipped to work in a wide range of roles, including:
- Crime prevention
- Counter Terrorism
- Community support
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counter-terrorism in the UK 'war on terror'- a battle for hearts and minds
- Postgraduate dissertation
- Terrorism in the 21st Century
- Terrorism: theories, concepts and research methods
- Human security
- Russian foreign and security policy
- 13 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The earlier you apply, the better.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 134 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
- You’ll normally be expected to hold a relevant honours degree with at least a 2:1 from a recognised university or body.
- If you have an undergraduate degree in Sociology, Criminology or a related discipline you will be eligible to apply for this course.
- A 2:2 degree, or professional qualifications and/or appropriate experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
International7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7850 GBP per year and a duration of 13 months.
EU/EEA7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7850 GBP per year and a duration of 13 months.
Part time: UK/EU and Non-EU - £2,610 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.