The Cognitive Behavioural Therapy programme at Staffordshire University provides a focused and critical examination of CBT practice, policy and research. Through two specialist modules, you’ll broaden your knowledge of the issues and practices that are developing within the field of CBT to an expert level. You’ll learn to critically appraise current and new CBT developments, as well as evaluating the policies and directives that may have sparked their emergence, in order to develop your capacity to provide constructive input and bring about change in the health service.
The course has been designed to give you the opportunity to develop competencies in the processes of systematic and analytical enquiry into the theories and practices of CBT, to improve your own practice. The specific programme has been designed to support individuals whose work, home commitments or location make it challenging to physically attend university. This course provides an opportunity for you to collaborate with staff and your peers in a dynamic learning environment, engage with content directly via video lectures, synchronous and asynchronous text and audio discussions supported by 24/7 access to a range of online resources.
As with many postgraduate taught qualifications, students use the qualification to enhance an already existing career as part of CPD activity. This qualification may be used for career progression and to stand out amongst professionals within the field. In addition, graduates may consider using the qualification to go on to further study by commencing a PhD.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Literature Review and Research Design
- Research Findings and Analysis
- 7 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology View 716 other Masters in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The entry requirements for the award are:
- Evidence of successful completion and award of a BABCP level 2 accredited postgraduate diploma in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (Level 7) from an institution of Higher Education.
- A contractual role (full-time or fractional) or long-term voluntary placement that sees you working as a CBT practitioner in a healthcare organisation or private CBT practice.
- For all stages of the award, it is necessary for participants to have access to a PC with Internet connection (to allow Blackboard access and e-mail contact for communication with award tutors and administrators).
- Access to Skype (or similar) to participate in online supervision and tutorials.
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14500 GBP per year and a duration of 7 months.
EU/EEA7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7850 GBP per year and a duration of 7 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.