Apply to the Spatial Economics and Data Analysis MSc program offered at University of Southern California. Work with globally recognized faculty from the Department of Economics and the Spatial Sciences Institute in the University of Southern California Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences to identify business opportunities and address public policy challenges using location-based Big Data with insights from geographic information science (GIS), urban economics, and spatial econometrics.
- Professionals with masters in economics and spatial data analysis education can bring new insights in emerging business opportunities, environmental trends, urban crime, congestion trends, real estate valuation, technology diffusion, and countless other commercial and social applications around the world.
- Through internships, guest speakers, industry meet-ups, and other career development opportunities, students will build a professional network in Big Data industries and startups. The global geospatial industry is expected to grow at a 13.6% compound annual growth rate between 2017-2020 to reach US $440 billion in 2020.
- develop an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals of spatial economics;
- learn and apply spatial analysis and spatial modeling approaches to identify new business opportunities and new policy solutions addressing urban problems;
- gain valuable research experience in analyzing spatial "Big Data"; and
- develop professional development insights in this nascent field of spatial analysis.
- Microeconomic Analysis and Policy
- Practice of Econometrics
- Urban Economics
- Research Seminar in Spatial Economics and Data Analysis
- Concepts of Spatial Thinking
- Spatial Databases
- Spatial Analysis
- Geospatial Data Integration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Intelligence & Analytics Data Science & Big Data View 489 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States, or the equivalent of a baccalaureate degree in another country;
- a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0;
- a Graduate Record Exam (GRE) with a score of 150 on the quantitative reasoning section; and
Students can be admitted into the program with various backgrounds. However, students are encouraged to have completed:
- an introductory course in GIS and/or Remote Sensing (or proof of practical/field experience) and
- an introductory course in Economics
International60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30223 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.