Life on Earth depends on solar energy captured by plants - they are the base of most food webs and underpin the functioning of all major ecosystems. Plants release the oxygen we breath.
They convert solar energy into chemical energy, providing us with food, fibres, renewable energy sources, and raw materials for many industries. Plants do not carry out these processes in isolation.
They interact with other organisms and the physical and chemical environment, communicate and actively adjust to their circumstances. How do they do these things at molecular, physiological and functional levels and how can we profit from understanding that?
When you have graduated from the Master’s Programme in Integrative Plant Sciences from University of Helsinki you will have the current answers, based on cutting-edge research by our scientists, to these big questions, and more.
With a Master’s degree in Integrative Plant Sciences, you will have many potential career opportunities in working life or in doctoral studies. You can work especially
- As a doctoral student, researcher and/or part-time teacher at universities or other institutions of higher education
- As a researcher in national and international institutions in the public and private sectors
- As an expert, civil servant, authority or PR officer in public administration
- In various positions in international organisations or enterprises engaged in bioeconomy
- As an entrepreneur or consultant in the biological or environmental sectors of business
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Plant biotechnology and breeding
- Molecular biology and genetics
- Regulation of growth, reproduction and differentiation of tissues
- Biological basis of crop yield and wood formation
- Plant ecology and evolutionary biology
- Diversity and systematics of plants and fungi
- Species identification
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Plant & Crop Sciences Environmental Sciences View 12 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Eligibility to apply for a master's programme requires an applicable bachelor's degree or other equivalent qualification.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.